Registration for the Jingle Cross is OPEN through Bikereg.com here. We have added even MORE Jingle Cross Overall Championship Jerseys courtesy of Champion System to all USAC categories (except cat 2)! Come to Iowa City and see the best CX-mas party of the year! It’s the Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross presented by Scheels!
OVERALL AMATEUR CHAMPIONS FOR 2015
The Champion System Jingle Cross Overall Champion has been expanded to the following USAC categories and will include the Jingle Cross Champion System long-sleeve jersey presentation! Be sure to sign up for all 3 days!
- Men Cat 3
- Men Cat 4
- Men Cat 5
- Men 35+
- Men 45+
- Men 55+
- Women Cat 3
- Women Cat 4
- Women 35+
- Single Speed
- Fat Tire Division
- Junior Boys 9-12
- Junior Boys 13-15
- Junior Boys 16-18
- Junior Girls 9-13
- Junior Girls 14-18
- Cat 2 M and Cat 2 W:
- A championship jersey for Cat 2 riders will not be offered. While all of our athletes and races are important, the UCI race is a featured event and we do not want to lose good riders from the UCI event to the cat 2 event to compete for a jersey. While not all Cat 2 riders are ready for the UCI, many are qualified and eligible for the UCI Pro races. The UCI events have much more prize money, spectators, and media coverage. Therefore, the Grinch recommends qualified and stronger Cat 2 riders race the UCI for more fame and accolades. ON THE POSITIVE SIDE, we will offer eligible Cat 2 M and Cat 2 W a discounted COMBINED race price if you race both your Cat 2 race and the UCI events in the same day ($15 DISCOUNT). You must have a UCI license in order to race the UCI event. Please go to USACycling.org to upgrade your license.
Registration for the 2015 UCI Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross will close on December 2nd, 2015 at 2000 hrs (8:00 PM) CST.
UCI staging is per UCI protocol: Points followed by randomization
Jingle Cross will stage riders according the following rules:.
- Pre-registered ranked riders will be staged by a ranking system yet to be announced (either USAC vs. Crossresults.com, we are currently leaning towards the latter). We will use ranks as of December 2nd and will not update the rank list as the weekend progresses.
- Pre-registered unranked riders will be staged after ranked riders by order of registration
- Pre-registered Foriegn riders who are not ranked in the US systems will be randomized between all pre-registered riders regardless of rank
- Race day registration riders will be in order of registration
- Saturday will be top 16 from Friday followed by above ranking system
- Sunday will be top 16 from Saturday followed by above ranking system
- The ranking system database will be interrogated only once immediately after pre-registration closes. With the exception of the top 16 from the previous day, riders will not be re-staged over the remaining days.
- You will use the same number all weekend SO KEEP IT! If you lose it, you will be in the back of the field the next day. NO EXCEPTIONS! (Don't give us a lame excuse like the Grinch's dog ate it)
- Specific race categories are assigned specific number seuences. If you enter multple events in a single day, be sure you are wearing the correct race number for the correct category or your results are D
As a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, The Jingle Cross is first and foremost a charity event for the University of Iowa Children's Hospital. Thanks to great sponsors like Carousel Volkswagen, Scheels, and many others, the Jingle Cross continues to flourish as THE premier cyclocross event in North America while maintaining charitable mission with 100% of ALL profits donated to the University of Iowa Children's Hospital.
Read more: Our Charity