We are pleased to announce the 2015 UCI Jingle Cross dates are confirmed for December 4th, 5th, and 6th. We had to move to this weekend as our only option to avoid World Cup weekends and University of Iowa football conflicts. We have added even MORE Jingle Cross Overall Championship Jerseys courtesy of Champion System to ALLl USAC categories! Come to Iowa City and see the most unique cyclocross event in the world! It's the best cycling Christmas party of the year! It’s the Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross presented by Scheels!
OVERALL AMATEUR CHAMPIONS FOR 2015
The Champion System Jingle Cross Overall Champion has been expanded to the following 14 USAC categories and will include the Jingle Cross Champion System long-sleeve jersey presentation! We may offer Champion jerseys for UCI events but we need to get approval from the UCI before we confim that award for the UCI pro men and UCI pro women. Be sure to sign up for all 3 days!
- Men Cat 3
- Men Cat 4
- Men Cat 5
- Men 35+
- Men 45+
- Men 55+
- Women Cat 3
- Women Cat 4
- Women 35+
- Single Speed
- Junior Boys 10-14
- Junior Boys 15-17
- Junior Girls 10-14
- Junior Girls 15-17
- Tentative: UCI Men (Pending UCI Approval)
- Tenative: UCI Women (Pending UCI Approval)
- Cat 2 M and Cat 2 W: A championship jersey for Cat 2 riders will not be offered. I know you think this is unfair but we don't want to incentivize riders capable of racing UCI to opt for a lower category. Fair or not, that's the Grinch's plan and he's sticking to it! Suzy Lou Who recommends Cat 2 riders try racing UCI for more accolades.
Registration for the 2015 UCI Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross will open in August 2015. More information will be up July 1st, 2015.
UCI staging is per UCI protocol: Points followed by randomization
The method used in staging the start of USAC cyclocross races is hotly debated. The biggest concern we all have is safety. Both the USACycling.com and cyclocrossresults.com ranking systems are great attempts at solving these important safety concerns. Both systems have potential but each has been equally praisied and criticized because of perceived regional biases. We heard plenty of praises and complaints when we proposed using one system and the complainers turned into praisers and vice-versa when we proposed using the other. The bottom line is that people complain no matter what we do. We will keep you updated and continue to monitor the ranking systems as they mature this season and we commend the hard working individuals that are spending countless hours trying to improve these systems. We do not like using order of registration either but it neutralized the two arguing parties over the two ranking systems. In the end, it worked satisfactorily in 2014 and the top riders still made it to the front. Remember, our opening straightaway is wide and fast...if you can't make it to the front by the end of the first lap, you weren't fast enough to get to the front anyway! Please be aware that we have NOT decided how we will stage for 2015 yet but here was our 2014 staging:
- Friday was by order of registration only.
- Saturday was by top 16 from Friday followed by order of registration
- Sunday was by top 16 from Saturday followed by order of registration.
- Exception: Juniors and Women's 35+ that did not race Friday was by order of registration for Saturday, Sunday was by top 16 from Saturday followed by order of registration.