Welcome to the 11th edition of the UCI Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross Rock presented by Scheels! This race started as a small grass roots race in Iowa City and has grown to be the largest payout race weekend in UCI history outside of a World Cup event. Come to Iowa City November 14th, 15th, and 16th and see why the World descends to the most unique cyclocross event in the World! It's wild, it’s crazy, it's fun, and it’s the first and best Christmas party of the year! It’s the Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross Rock - Cyclocross Holiday-Style!
Registration for the 2014 UCI Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross Cyclocross weekend November 14th, 15th, and 16th is open at BikeReg.com. Follow our registration link to get there!
UCI staging is per UCI protocol: Points followed by randomization
Be aware of a slight modification to the STAGING for the amateur USAC events:
- Friday is order of registration only as in previous years.
- Saturday will be staged by top 16 from Friday followed by order of registration
- Sunday will be staged by top 16 from Saturday followed by order of registration.
- Exception: Juniors, Women's 35+, Single Speed that do not race Friday will be order of registration for Saturday, Sunday will be top 16 from Saturday followed by order of registration.
NEW OVERALL AMATEUR CHAMPIONS FOR 2014
The following 3 day Amateur Races will have an Overall Champion with jersey presentation and top 3 called to the podium! Be sure to sign up for all 3 days!
- Men Cat 3
- Men Cat 4
- Men 35+
- Men 45+
- Men 55+
- Women Cat 3
This is our first year trying this so we are excluding some categories from the Overall Champion Designation as we trial this new idea. Most importantly, we don't want to overwhelm the officials on this new plan. But if you don't like that excuse, the Grinch has some better ones:
- Cat 4 W and Cat 5 M: You are beginners...don't you have enough to worry about?
- Single Speed, JR's, and Women 35+: These are only 2 day events which is too short to declare a champion
- Cat 2 M and Cat 2 W: Shouldn't you be riding UCI?