We are pleased to announce the 2015 UCI Jingle Cross dates are confirmed for December 4th, 5th, and 6th. We have added even MORE Jingle Cross Overall Championship Jerseys courtesy of Champion System to all USAC categories (except cat 2)! Come to Iowa City and see the best CX-mas party of the year! It’s the Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross presented by Scheels!
OVERALL AMATEUR CHAMPIONS FOR 2015
The Champion System Jingle Cross Overall Champion has been expanded to the following 15 USAC categories and will include the Jingle Cross Champion System long-sleeve jersey presentation! Be sure to sign up for all 3 days!
- Men Cat 3
- Men Cat 4
- Men Cat 5
- Men 35+
- Men 45+
- Men 55+
- Women Cat 3
- Women Cat 4
- Women 35+
- Single Speed
- Junior Boys 9-12
- Junior Boys 13-15
- Junior Boys 16-18
- Junior Girls 9-13
- Junior Girls 14-18
- Cat 2 M and Cat 2 W:
- The Bad News: A championship jersey for Cat 2 riders will not be offered. While all of our races and athletes are important, the UCI race is a featured event and we do not want to lose good riders from the UCI event so they can sandbag the cat 2 event. Cat 2 riders are eligible for the UCI Pro races which have a lot more money, spectators, and media coverage. Therefore, the Grinch recommends stronger Cat 2 riders race the UCI for more fame and accolades.
- The Good news: Not all Cat 2 riders are ready for UCI. But we will offer eligible Cat 2 M and Cat 2 W a discounted UCI race price if you race both your Cat 2 race and the UCI events in the same day. You must have a UCI license in order to race the UCI event. Please go to USACycling.org to upgrade your license.
Registration for the 2015 UCI Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross will open on September 1st, 2015 at 2000 hrs (8:00 PM) CST.
UCI staging is per UCI protocol: Points followed by randomization
The method used in staging USAC cyclocross races is hotly debated. Both the USACycling.com and cyclocrossresults.com ranking systems are well thought out attempts to fairly stage riders. Both systems have potential but we have heard equal praise and criticism usually centered on regional biases. We have also learned that people complain no matter what we do. However, one of these two national ranking systems will be used.
- Friday will be in the following order
- Pre-registered ranked riders will be staged by a ranking system yet to be announced (either USAC vs. Crossresults.com, we are currently leaning towards the latter).
- Pre-registered unranked riders will be staged by order of registration
- Pre-registered Foriegn riders will be randomized between all pre-registered riders regardless of rank
- Race day registration riders will be in order of registration
- Saturday will be top 16 from Friday followed by above ranking system
- Sunday will be top 16 from Saturday followed by above ranking system
- The ranking system database will be interrogated only once immediately after pre-registration closes. With the exception of the top 16 from the previous day, riders will not be re-staged over the remaining days.
- You will use the same number all weekend SO KEEP IT! If you lose it, you will be in the back of the field the next day. NO EXCEPTIONS! (Don't give us a lame excuse like the Grinch's dog ate it)
- Specific race categories are assigned specific number seuences. If you enter multple events in a single day, be sure you are wearing the correct race number for the correct category or your results are D