We are pleased to announce that the 2015 UCI Jingle Cross will be held December 4th, 5th, and 6th, 2015. We had to move to this weekend as our only option to avoid World Cup weekends and University of Iowa football conflicts. We will be adding even MORE Jingle Cross Overall Championship Jerseys to just about all USAC categories! So come to Iowa City and see why the everyone descends to the most unique cyclocross event in the world! It's the first and best Christmas party of the year! It’s the Jingle Cross - Cyclocross Holiday-Style!
OVERALL AMATEUR CHAMPIONS FOR 2015
The following nine categories will have an Overall Champion with jersey presentation and top 3 called to the podium! Be sure to sign up for all 3 days!
- Men Cat 3
- Men Cat 4
- Men Cat 5
- Men 35+
- Men 45+
- Men 55+
- Women Cat 3
- Women Cat 4
- Single Speed
- We are working on adding a third day for Juniors and Women 35+ in order to offer an overall for them too...so stand by!
- Cat 2 M and Cat 2 W: A championship jersey for Cat 2 riders will not be offered. We recommend these riders race UCI for more accolades.
Registration for the 2015 UCI Carousel Volkswagen Jingle Cross will open in August 2015. More information will be up July 1st, 2015.
UCI staging is per UCI protocol: Points followed by randomization
The method to stage the USAC cross races is highly controversial. The biggest concern we all have is safety. Both the USACycling.com and cyclocrossresults.com ranking systems are good attempts at solving these important safety concerns. Both systems have great potential but have been equally praisied and criticized because regional biases are evident. We heard ll kinds of complaints when we prooposed using one system or the other. As a Midwest race, we are caught in the middle...literally. The bottom line is that people complain no matter what we do. We will keep you updated and continue to monitor the ranking systems as they mature and we praise the hard working individuals that are sending countless hours developing these systems. We do not like using order of registration either but it solved numerous problems including neutralized the two arguing parties over the two ranking systems. In the end, it worked satisfactorily and the top riders still made it to the front. Just as an FYI and not to imply it will be done again, here was our 2014 staging:
- Friday was by order of registration only.
- Saturday was by top 16 from Friday followed by order of registration
- Sunday was by top 16 from Saturday followed by order of registration.
- Exception: Juniors and Women's 35+ that did not race Friday was by order of registration for Saturday, Sunday was by top 16 from Saturday followed by order of registration.